| Answer / Solution
How do I create a Facility?
In this guide you will learn how to create a Facility in the InfraWare Management Console (IMC).
You will need the following before you begin:
- An Administrator login ID and password for the IMC
Creating the Facility
- Log into the IMC at www.InfraWare.com/IMC
- Click the Administration tab, and select the Facilities sub-tab.
- Near the bottom of the screen, click the “New” button to create a new Facility. This will bring up a page with various fields where facility information can be entered.
- Fill out the organization name, address, and location, along with the other required fields appropriately. Eventually you will come to a drop-down menu labeled “Default Billing Model for Billing Reports” where you will define settings for the Facility. Click the Save button at the bottom of the page when done.
Setting a Facility Billing Model/Time
- To set up billing settings for the Facility, select from a Billing Model from the drop-down menu labeled “Default Billing Model for Billing Reports”.
- When selecting when the Facility should be billed, you will see a drop-down menu labeled “Job Status at which to bill”. There you will find three different times, from which you may select: QA Pending, Sign Off Pending, and Complete. Selecting QA Pending, for example, will mean that job is eligible for billing when it achieves the QA Pending status.
Setting a Facility ADT Data Source
- Next you can specify an ADT (patient demographics) Data Source. There are three different options for where the platform will look for the ADT information. You may select none, ADT Feed, or ITC Entry. Click the help image for details on these options.
- Moving further down the page to the checkboxes, you can also force the loading of the ADT screen in the ITC with each new job by enabling the feature “Require ADT (patient demographics) entry in ITC”. You can do this by simply checking the box. After doing so, click the Save button at the bottom of the page. This will force the ADT screen to appear in the InfraWare Transcription Client (ITC), so that the MT will be prompted to enter or review the data contained in this screen.
Setting a Facility’s QA Trigger from QA Marks
- Facilities can be set up so that jobs will move to QA based on the QA Marks (often referred to as “Blanks”). By specifying a specific number of Marks, a job will only move to QA if it has at least the specified number of marks.
- To set the number of Marks needed for a job to enter QA, enter a number in the field labeled “Number of ITC QA Marks (Blanks) to Trigger QA requirement”. Keep in mind that if preexisting QA requirement, even if the number of required Marks for QA is not met, the job will still enter QA.
- If you would like to place a QA Requirement on the facility so that all jobs under this facility move to QA, click the Save Changes button. This will bring you back to the facilities page. Here, you will see a column heading labeled QA on the table of Facilities. In this column, in the row containing our new Facility, there will be a green “+” symbol. Click this symbol. This will bring up the QA Requirement for Facility page.
- Here you can specify 3 different QA options:
- No QA requirement for the facility
- Specific user authorized to do QA on all work from this facility
- A pool of users authorized to do QA on work from this facility
- Select the appropriate radio button to indicate who will be authorized to perform the QA, and in the case of a specific pool or user, select the appropriate party from the corresponding drop-down menu.
- Optionally, check the “Use QA Sampling” checkbox if you want only a portion of jobs to go to QA.
- Click the Save button to keep these settings.
- You will be returned to the Facilities page. Now you may go back into your Facility and continue customizing its settings. To do so, click the name of the Facility in the table.
Setting a Facility’s Dictation Amplification Level
- Next you may set the amplification level of the volume of dictations for a facility. This is useful if the transcriptionist has difficulty hearing the author. You may increase the amplification up to 35% more than the original volume level. This setting applies only to newly received dictation from the Telephone Dictation System (TDS).
Setting a Facility’s First Draft Feature
- First Draft (Speech Recognition) produces a first draft of the dictation for a transcriptionist to review and modify when they transcribe the job. To turn off this feature for the entire Facility, place a check in the box entitled “Do Not Perform First Draft (Speech Rec) for Any Authors in This Facility”.
- First Draft settings may also be exposed to Authors using the IDC. If you prefer not to allow the Author to see these settings, place a check in the box entitled “Hide First Draft (Speech Rec) Settings from Facility Users”.
- Along with preventing an Author from viewing the First Draft settings, you may also prevent them from seeing the Audit Trail when using the EHR Web Portal. The Audit Trail tracks every major event to occur to a job during the workflow process. To prevent them from seeing this, place a check in the box entitled “Hide Audit Trail in Portal”.
Setting Delivery Instruction Options for Facility Jobs
- You may also enable a setting to help ease the creation of a new Delivery Instruction to an existing Delivery Destination. When a job needs a separate delivery instruction added by an MT in the ITC, they can see all Destinations by default. Checking this box limits the MT to see only Destinations for this Facility.
- Now that you have selected the settings you feel are appropriate for the Facility, click the Save Changes button. This will bring you back to the Facilities page.