| Answer / Solution
How to Create an Author for a Facility
In this guide you will learn how to create an Author (Dictator) User in the InfraWare Management Console (IMC). The Account Administrator of an IW 360 facility is designated to manage users.
Before You Begin
You will need the following before you begin:
- An administrator login ID and password for the IMC
Creating the Author
- Log into the IMC using your username and password.
- Navigate to the Administration tab, and select the Users sub-tab.
- Click on the New User link on the upper left of the page. The User Settings page will appear.
- Fill in the Author’s email address, name and password. (If a valid email address is not known, you may use a false one from your own Internet domain; in this case, place a check in the box labeled “EMail Address is not real.”) See KB557 for more information
- Click the Create User button. At this point, the page will validate the new user, and bring up fields to customize the new user’s role(s) on the platform.
- Under Facility Roles section, select the appropriate Facility from the drop-down menu. The screen will automatically refresh with the Author box checked.
- If you want the author's information to automatically go into the address book, press the green plus sign found next to "Author Settings". See KB863 for more information.
- Click the Save User button to Save the author's settings.
Customizing the Author’s Settings
- From the Users sub-tab under Administration, find the Author and click their name. The User Settings page will appear.
- At the bottom of the page, under the headline Roles with Facilities, you will now see a link titled Author Settings to the right of the box you checked earlier. Click this to customize the settings associated with this author role. (Note: a User can be an Author under more than one facility, and the platform allows unique Author Settings under each.)
Click 'Save User' when finished.
- On the Author Settings page you will see five different categories of settings (click on the hyperlink of each setting to learn more)