The Pay Report is located in the InfraWare Management Console (IMC) on the Reports tab and Pay Report sub-tab. It is used to compute compensation for transcriptionists regardless of their employment status (employee, IC or sub-contractor).
There are many pre-requisites to running a Pay Report, including the creation of one or more Pay Models and the completion of jobs by Transcriptionists. The act of running a report can be as simple or complex as an Administrator wants, depending on the need for granular filtering of jobs to include and more. Prior to clicking the Display Report button, consider the options:
- Facility: For compensation, you probably want to include work for all Facilities. If you prefer to see compensation records for only a particular facility, select it from this list.
- Multiple: Select the Multiple option from the Facility drop-down menu to run the report for more than one facility.
- Click the Choose Facilities link.
- A popup window will display with a swap list to choose the facilities.
- Click on the facilities in the Available Items list on the left and then click Add to move them to the Chosen Items list on the Right.
- Click OK.
- Start Date and End Date: These are inclusive, so jobs produced on the two dates in these boxes will be included beginning at 12:01am on the start date and ending at 11:59pm on the end date. Note: The time is relative to the time zone of the Administrator's computer where the report is being run. An Admin in LA will get a different set of jobs from an Admin in New York due to the 3 hour time difference. (Midnight occurs at a different time in these locations, but the time at which jobs were worked by an MT is fixed.)
- Pay Models: Select a single Pay Model if desired, or use the more powerful Tiered Pay Plan which applies various Pay Models based on how those are setup for each Transcriptionist.
- Transcriptionist/Pool: You can run this report for a single transcriptionist or a set of transcriptionists. For a single transcriptionist, select the Transcriptionist radio button and select the desired transcriptionist from the drop-down list. For a group of transcriptionists, select the Pool radio button. You can create as many transcriptionist Pools as needed and transcriptionists can belong to as many Pools as needed, so don't hesitate to create and transcriptionist Pool for the purpose of defining a group to run pay.
- Author: You can run the report for all Authors for which the transcriptionist(s) performed work, or you can limit the scope to a single Author.
- Type of Report: Select either the Normal version of the report, the Basic version, Export All Details, a First Draft version, or the Summary version. Try running one of each to view the format differences.
- Group by: The report can be grouped (ordered by) either Author or Document Type.
- Expand: Should the report be rolled up or should any of the levels of detail be expanded? Check the boxes for the levels of detail you'd like to be expanded. Otherwise, you can use the + sign next to each item to expand rows one at a time for detail analysis.
- Do not display dollar amounts: Check this box to review production amounts without multiplying out to dollar amounts.
- Do not display effective rates: The pay amount calculated divided by the hours the transcriptionist worked is the effective hourly rate.
- Display External IDs: Most users won't need External (Author) IDs on a Pay Report, but if you need them to tie with another system, check this box.
Finally, click the Display Report button to launch the report in the viewer.
Once loaded, you can use the report header to scroll through pages, find content, scale the view, export to a popular file format (such as Excel XLS) for further manipulation or formatting or print.
Please Note: Jobs will appear with ** after their job number if they were duplicated and the billing model is using 'Seconds" as its metric.