| Answer / Solution
Define Active TAT Hours for a Facility
Active TAT Clock Hours tell the platform during what days of the week and hours of the day the TAT clock will be counting. Active TAT Hours specified at the Facility level will apply to all Document Types under that Facility. When set at the Document Type level (KB841) this will override Facility settings for that Document Type only. Active TAT Hours allow you to set up the following:
- TAT Clock Hours: Specify days of the week and hours of the day during which the TAT clock will continue counting.
- Specify Exceptions:
- Federal Holidays and Account-specific Holidays: Holidays which are observed as part of Active TAT Hours setup will tell the platform to stop the TAT clock during those holidays. See KB843 for details on Account-specific Holidays.
- Late Submissions: By default, the TAT clock will start immediately if a job is submitted during TAT hours. In some scenarios, when work is submitted to the platform later in the evening, for example, you may need the TAT clock to start counting the next day. This Late Submissions option allows you to set up this scenario to be observed automatically by the TAT clock for jobs which enter the platform after the specified time.
This feature is currently only available in ITC Beta: https://beta.infraware.com/IMC
- Login to the InfraWare Management Console (IMC) Beta using your IW Administrator username and password.
- Navigate to the Administration tab ⇒ Facility sub-tab.
- Click on the name of the Facility.
- Select the Advanced option and scroll down to the Transcription section to find "Default TAT in minutes" and "Default TAT in minutes for STAT jobs."
- Define the TAT minutes by typing a value in the box for Default TAT in minutes and Default TAT in minutes for STAT jobs.
- To specify exceptions click the »Manage Active TAT Hours link next to the appropriate default TAT option. This can be set at the Default level, and separate options identified for the default TAT of STAT jobs. A popup window will open with options described below:
- TAT Clock Hours: By default All Hours are selected for all seven days. Options for each day include:
- No Hours: Check the box next to No Hours. For this day no hours will be considered and included in TAT calculations, so there will be no minutes added to the TAT clock for this day.
- All Hours: Check the box next to All Hours. For this day, all hours will be considered and included in TAT calculations.
- Specify Start Time and End Time: Uncheck the boxes next to All Hours and No Hours and then click on the clock icon next to Start Time and End Time to specify when the TAT clock should be active for each day of the week.
- In the example below, there would be no hours included in TAT calculations for Sunday. On Monday, the TAT clock would be active between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm, using the Facility's time zone (KB360). For Tuesday through Saturday, all hours would be considered Active TAT Hours.
- Late Submissions: By default, the TAT clock will start immediately if a job is submitted during TAT hours. In some scenarios, when work is submitted to the platform later in the evening and you need the TAT clock to start counting the next day you can override this. Uncheck the box to override and set an exception. Once the box is unchecked you see options to enter a time, so that if a job comes in after that time the TAT clock should start at a specific time the next active TAT day (as defined in the TAT Clock Hours section above). In the example below, if a job comes in to the platform after 6:00 pm in the facility's time zone the TAT clock will not start until 9:00 am the next Active TAT day.
- Holidays: Holidays which are observed in this section tell the platform to stop the TAT clock during those days/hours. There are two types of Holidays which can be observed as TAT clock exceptions.
- Federal: Federal holidays are observed on the day specified by US holiday rules. To add a holiday just select that holiday from the Not Observed list on the left, and then click the right arrow. That holiday will be moved to the Observed* list. To remove an Observed holiday select it on the Observed list and click on the left arrow to move it to the Not Observed list.
- Account Specific: If Account-specific holidays have been created they will be listed on the left, in the Not Observed list. Select a holiday from the list and click on the right arrow to move it to the Observed list. In the example below "Awesome Day" is being observed and "My New Holiday" is not observed. This means that the TAT clock will not be active on the date(s) specified as Awesome Day. See KB843 for details on Account-specific holidays.
- Click »Save to save changes and be taken back to the Facility Settings page. Pressing »Cancel will take you back to the Facility Settings page without saving changes.
- When the Document Type is changed Active TAT Clock Hours for the job will also be changed.
- The Facility time zone is used for all Active TAT Clock Hour settings. See KB360 for details on Facility time zone.
- These rules are applied to a job depending on active rules when a job is created. If changes are made to Active TAT Hours after a job is in the system it will not change TAT calculations for that job. For example, if you run a TAT report in 6 months it will use rules in place at the time of job ingress, not current TAT rules.
- If you define a start and end time in the TAT Clock Hours for a given day, only that amount of time between those hours will count against the overall TAT for a job.
- Example: Monday and Tuesday have TAT Clock hours of 8am-6pm. If a job is received at 8am on Monday, and the TAT is 48 hours, the TAT clock will only wind down 10 hours on Monday and 10 hours on Tuesday, which means that that TAT clock will not run out until Thursday. If this is not the behavior that you are wanting, then consider defining Late Submission times instead.