| Answer / Solution
New Normals Page Explained
Normals, sometimes called Standards or Routines, are blocks of text that are used often to save time during dictation and transcription. An author can dictate a brief phrase such as, "my normal chest x-ray" and the transcriptionist can insert the blocks of text saved in the Normals database. Normals are made available to the transcriptionist in the InfraWare Transcription Client (ITC). See KB78 for further details on Normals. The Normals page has been redesigned to improve the user experience. This article explains what options are available on the new Normals page.
- Administrator login for the InfraWare 360 platform.
Page Display Options
- Filter: When the page is loaded, All Normals are displayed by default. The list of normals may be filtered using the following options:
- Facility: Filter by a specific Facility name, or choose to see Account-level normals by clicking on the drop-down menu. Default is All. (NOTE: To view Normals that are configured for Author Only, select Account Level Only from this dropdown)
- In addition to filtering by Facility as noted above, you can choose to filter based on the Normal, Author to which the Normal applies, or by Replacement Text. Replacement text includes the text contained in the Normal.
- Normal - Name of the Normal
- Type - Account, Facility, Author, and/or DocType
- Applies To - Indicates if the normal Applies to the Account level, Author, or Facility/Author combination.
- Guide - Indicates that the Normal is set to display as a mobile Dictation Guide for use in InfraWare Dictation for iOS. See KB911 for details on this feature.
- Replacement Text - Replacement text includes the text contained in the Normal. If there are too many characters to display an ellipse will be shown at the end of the text in this column. Hovering over this will display a tool tip with the content of the Normal.
- To Create a New Normal in the IMC: Create a new Normal by following these steps:
- Click the New icon at the top of the listing.
- Define to what the Normal applies:
- All of Account - When this radio button is selected the Normal would be applicable for all jobs under your Account.
- Only this Author - When this radio button is selected a drop-down menu will display with a list of Authors. Choosing an Author from this drop-down menu will specify that the Normal is applicable to this Author's dictations only.
- Only this Facility - When this radio button is selected a drop-down menu will display with a list of Facilities. Choosing a Facility from this drop-down menu will specify that the Normal is applicable to all Authors under the specified Facility.
- And Only this Author - When this box is checked a drop-down menu will display. Choosing an Author from this drop-down menu will specify that the Normal is applicable to only for the Selected Facility AND the selected Author. If the box is not checked there will be no drop-down menu to the right.
- Normal Name - Type the name of the Normal in this field.
- Click Save and Open in Online Editor. This will launch the Online Editor.
- You may be prompted to install the Online Editor. See KB312 for details on what is new in the Online Editor.
- Depending on your browser security settings you may be prompted that a blank Normal has been created and will now be loaded in the Online Editor. Click OK to launch the Online Editor.
- Enter the contents of the Normal in the Online Editor and format as needed.
- Click the Save Normal to Platform button in the lower left corner of the Online Editor.
- Success message will display that the Normal has been successfully Saved. Click OK.
- You may now close the Online Editor window by clicking the X in the upper right corner.
- To Refresh the List of Normals: Click the Refresh icon to refresh the listing.
- To Delete a Normal:
- Navigate to the Document Config tab ⇒ Normals sub-tab.
- Check the box next to the Normal(s) you wish to delete.
- The selected Normals will be deleted and the list will refresh.
- To Create a Mobile Dictation Guide from Normal: See KB911 for details on this feature and instructions.
|Monday, February 19, 2018