| Answer / Solution
Using Placeholders to navigate/skip from section to section
It is sometimes helpful for transcriptionists to be able to skip from one section of a report template to another. The InfraWare Transcription Client (ITC) supports the use of Placeholders (jumps) for this purpose.
To make use of Placeholders:
- Placeholder Text: Select a unique string of text to be used to identify the places to which you want to navigate, such as @#$ or @@. Keep this consistent across all of your templates and make sure Transcriptionists are aware so they can set the appropriate Placeholder in ITC (details below).
- ITE: Open a template using the InfraWare Template Editor (ITE) and add the placeholder text decided in step 1 in each "place".
- Save and upload the template to the platform.
- Repeat for any templates using placeholder text.
- User Settings: All MT's for an Account will need to add this placeholder text to their user settings.
- Start the ITC and open User Settings from the Settings menu (or press F10) and select the Editor tab.
- Placeholder Text: Fill in the box labeled Placeholder Text with your unique text string (i.e. @#$ or @@).
- Auto-Select on Open: Check this box to automatically put focus on the first placeholder when opening a document in the ITC. If the box is unchecked this feature is off.
- Delete Text: Check this box to automatically delete the text string when you jump to that placeholder on the document. This eliminates extra keystrokes to remove the text.
- Prompt if found when saving: When this is checked the ITC will scan the document when a job is Marked Complete and will prompt if placeholders are found, so they can be removed prior to completing the document and moving to the next step of the workflow.
- Click Save to save changes to the server and close the User Settings Window.
- Document (Job) Open in the Editor:
- Open a job with a Document Type using a template containing the placeholder text string.
- Use Ctrl-H to advance from placeholder to the next placeholder. To move backwards, use Ctrl-Shift-H. This is also available from the Edit menu.
||How do I Change User Settings in the ITC?
ITC User Settings
||When do placeholders route a job to QA?
Automatically Route Jobs to QA For Leftover Placeholders